In the US? Go to the US site
Effective Date: January 4, 2018
Revision Date: February 2, 2022
WHO WE ARE
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
While our website is designed for a general audience, we will not knowingly collect information of children under the age of 13, and in some jurisdictions the personal information of children under the age 16.
If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a person under the age of 13 (or under the age of 16 in some jurisdictions), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information for various reasons. Usually, it relates to improving our website and your experience interacting with the site. We may also collect personal information for any of the following purposes:
- To allow you to participate in a contest;
- To receive and process your comments about the business, and for other business activities;
- To provide products and/or services to users and/or access to the website;
- To comply with our legal obligations and regulatory requirements;
- To provide information to anyone working with or for us as needed for the provision of our products and services;
- To develop and manage our business and operations, including but not limited to for billing, accounting and debt collection services relating to our products and services;
- To establish, maintain and manage our relationships with users of the website;
- To respond to questions and concerns of users;
- To detect and protect us and third parties from error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft or other illegal activity, and which may include sharing personal information with our insurers, and to otherwise communicate with our insurers;
- To review potential fraud and as required in the course of activities to achieve credit risk reduction;
- To generate analytics; and
- For any other purpose for which we have your consent.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Our website collects information in several ways.
Personally identifiable information
Some personal information is gathered when you register for a competition. During registration, our website asks you for your name, telephone number, and email address. To register, you must provide all this information.
In addition, we keep copies of information you submit when you send email feedback to us, ask a technical question, or report a problem. If you contact us in writing through our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
If you apply for a job with us the link will take you away from our website and to https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Bento-Sushi/jobs.
We do not intend to collect any sensitive personal information on our website and therefore you should not include any sensitive personal information (e.g., data relating to your health, finances, sexual orientation, religion, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions) on your profile or otherwise on our website.
Usage Data is collected automatically when you access our website.
Each time a visitor comes to the website, our web server may collect and log certain information in access logs. Such access logs may be kept for a reasonable period of time. Access logs may include Usage Data, such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking technologies and cookies
We may collect anonymous information as you navigate the website. We may use anonymous information to operate and improve the website. We may also use anonymous information to track what visitors to the website are looking at most frequently so we can recognize and deliver more of the desired features, products, and services.
Wherever possible, we seek a person’s consent before we collect their personal information. The form of consent may vary depending on the circumstances and the type of information being requested. Consent can be express or implied, and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative.
When we receive personal information from you for the purposes of providing you with our products or services, or for other uses identified herein, you are providing us with consent as follows:
- to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner;
- to allow us to provide your personal information to third parties we engage to provide or support the website;
- to allow us to use and store your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the products and services you purchase from us and to utilize the website; and
- to allow us to transfer your personal information outside of Canada (whereby your personal information will be treated in accordance with applicable foreign laws) for the purpose of storage and use of your personal information by us.
If you need to provide us with personal information about other individuals, you represent and warrant to us that, where required by law and prior to your disclosure to us, you will obtain the consent of each individual to the collection, use and disclosure by us for the specific purpose(s) that the disclosure is made by you.
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice.
We will not use your personal information without your consent unless it is either:
- for the same purpose for which the information was originally collected or compiled;
- consistent with that purpose; or
- for a purpose that may be disclosed under legal or regulatory purposes. For example, under certain exceptional circumstance we may have a legal duty or right to disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent. Various government agencies such as the Canada Revenue Agency, Human Rights Commission, Ontario Ministry of Finance; Ontario Ministry of Labour, and law enforcement, have the authority to review our files and interview our staff when deemed necessary. These agencies have their own strict privacy obligations.
You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, subject to reasonable notice and any legal and/or contractual restrictions.
Should you choose to withdraw your consent, we may be unable to provide, or continue to provide, the website or some of our products and/or services that can only be provided if we receive appropriate and required personal information.
LIMITED COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
We will only collect such information that is deemed necessary to meet the purpose for which such personal information is collected.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information, including personal information, is processed at our operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Your submission of your personal information represents your agreement to that transfer.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All our employees and service providers, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information. We ensure that your personal information will not be disclosed to Government institutions and authorities except if required by law, regulation or by a court of competent jurisdiction or a duly authorized administrative or legislative authority.
Also remember to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal or business information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
While we collect the personal information that you supply, we do so with the understanding that any such information is accurate. It is important to us that your personal information held by us is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to provide you with better products and services. You can help us keep personal information up-to-date by keeping us informed of any changes, such as a change of address, telephone number or any other circumstances.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The amount of time we will retain personal information varies, depending on the products and services we have provided and the nature of the personal information that we hold. We retain personal information for such period of time as is necessary for us to maintain sufficient information so we may respond to any issues that arise at a later date or as is required by law.
When personal information is no longer required by us or by law, we will either convert it into an aggregated non-identifying form or we will appropriately destroy or erase the personal information in a manner that is in accordance with our current policies and procedures.
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION AND UK CUSTOMERS
If you purchase products from us or browse our website, your data will be transferred to countries outside EU/UK. Any data transferred will only be such data as is necessary for the operation of the website or performance of the contract between you and Bento Sushi.
Exercising your rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access
- Request correction
- Request erasure
- Object to processing
- Request restriction of processing
- Request the transfer.
- Withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using email@example.com.
CONTACT US OR MAKE A COMPLAINT
- By writing: Private and Confidential, Information and Help Line, Bento Sushi, 25 Centurian Drive, Suite 208, Markham, Ontario L3R 5N8, Canada
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.bentosushi.com/us/about-us/contact-us/
- By sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concerns, you may be able to file a formal privacy complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Privacy Commissioner so please contact us in the first instance.
SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS